Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Re-Read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

My friends all know that I have an odd sort of love-hate relationship with Harry Potter. In the beginning, I hated the series, and it took my purchasing the boxed set of the first four books (before Order of the Phoenix had been published) before I was able to read through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I wanted to love the books because so many friends adored them, but I fought hard with the first book in the series, primarily because it just isn't very well written.

Before you tar and feather me, Harry Potter is one of my favorite book series to date. I love the series as a whole and have read every one of the books and am working through them for the second time right now. That being said, I don't believe one can argue that Rowling improved her writing skills dramatically as the series went on.

Regardless of what I think about the writing and particular habits of Rowling's that drive me crazy, I have to say that I absolutely love Harry Potter. Rowling has created a tremendous world and a story that will live in the hearts of those who have read it until they die. I'll be passing this book and those that follow it on to my children in the hopes that they will pass it on to their children. There's been controversy, but there's a lot of love for Harry Potter in the world and I am definitely a fan.

I have all of these books on my Kindle through Pottermore, but you can get your copy on Amazon! I'll be reading through all seven books between re-reading The Hunger Games Trilogy, the Divergent trilogy and the Mazerunner trilogy as well. I'll keep you up to date on what I'm reading and enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment