Saturday, August 24, 2013

Midnight Sin Chocolate Cake


Clearly this cake isn't something I would eat on a regular basis (considering that I'm trying to become a more fit individual), but I had to share it because it's a beautiful, decadent cake, and something that could be a great holiday treat for my family (and a small slice for me!). I don't talk about it often, but I love to bake. I haven't experimented with cooking and baking, and it's time I start over and learn to love food. Food is an essential component in fitness and if I want to lose weight and become ripped, I have to fuel my body with something. Loving to cook could help me gain some ground in this area.

On that note, I want to let my readers know that I've decided that the Paleo Diet isn't for me. This past week I've been reading the pros and cons of selecting this diet for health and fitness and have determined that it adheres too rigidly to the idea that all simple carbs are unhealthy. While I found that reducing my dependence on gluten produced good results, I recognize the difference between reducing gluten and rejecting all simple carbohydrates. We are not a wealthy family and therefore depend on some simple starches to complete our meals.

With that being said, I do intend to continue eating minimal gluten and as little processed food as possible. My goal is to process our own foods at home (including bread) so that our family is conscious of the foods we eat. I will continue to exercise and will maintain healthy eating habits including a diet rich in vegetables. If I fail to meet my goals with this plan, I will re-assess my plan and explore other dietary and nutritional options.

A little bit of cheating won't kill anybody in the meantime, and this cake seems like a wonderful place to start cheating!

Get the Recipe!

What's your favorite "cheat food?"

No comments:

Post a Comment